Saturday, October 21, 2006

BLOG SUMMARY

This was supposed to be posted on the 13th, so my apologies for those of you who were waiting anxiously for this blog summary. So I checked out everybody's blog and had a good time doing it. There were some interesting blogs, and some not so interesting ones. But hey I know how busy some people are, so no worries. I think it would be cool if people would post more comments on other's performances. The "Magik Flying Toad" gave his fellow FYSers some solid feedback and encouragement regarding their performances which was good to see. Stephanie also commented on a couple of performances (including mine) and I found it very useful to get some feedback. By the way Stephanie, it's good to know that if I don't make it to med school, I can always become a professional kazooist! However these were the only two references to performances I saw. I think people would like to hear what their audience thought about their performance. Anywho, a few people wrote about the class readings including Stephanie and Mary Beth. These posts are very nifty indeed: Stephanie and Mary Beth summarized some of the country book readings, emphasized some of the main points and then expressed some of their viewpoints on the book thus far. I enjoyed reading the summaries, they help to refresh the contents of the readings. Lindsey shares a cool website where you can find all the songs by an artist that have been covered. This is cool to let everyone know when a useful discovery relevant to class is made. Dano has some interesting posts, I personally like his "Twins Magic Moment" post, very cool. It might cheer up you Minnesota Twins fans out there! It's good to see some variety of post topics. I like Brandon's blog, it has a cool template and he blogs about whatever, like Dano, I thought his post about the sprinkler was rather amusing. This brings up an idea. If you don't have anything to say about the class, blog about whatever you want, any post is better than no post at all in my opinion. Not to say that all your posts should be random. Also, I think a little more interaction between blogs would be cool. More use of the "comment" link would be cool. I didn't see a single comment posted on a blog. I am definitely a guilty party as well, I just think comments would make blogging more interesting, and it may also encourage more people to blog more often. Overall, the general topic of posts was about the readings, Pandora, people's performances, and topics McPhee initiated. Well, I enjoyed viewing everybody's blog, it was quite an experience, but I didn't want to bore y'all with an essay, I'm out. PEACE.

No comments: